By Jane Williams,Lin Perry,Caroline Watkins
Stroke is a scientific emergency that calls for fast clinical cognizance. With energetic and effective nursing administration within the preliminary hours after stroke onset and all through next care, potent restoration and rehabilitation is elevated. Acute Stroke Nursing presents an evidence-based, functional textual content facilitating the availability of optimum stroke care throughout the fundamental prevention, acute and carrying on with care phases.
This well timed and accomplished textual content is based to stick to the extreme stroke pathway skilled via sufferers. It explores the reasons, signs and results of stroke, and gives information on concerns equivalent to meals, continence, positioning, mobility and carer help. The textual content additionally considers rehabilitation, discharge making plans, palliative care and the function of the nurse in the multi-professional crew. Acute Stroke Nursing is the definitive reference on acute stroke for all nurses and healthcare pros wishing to increase their wisdom of stroke nursing.
- Evidence-based and useful widespread, with case stories and perform examples throughout
- Edited and authored by way of recognized stroke nursing specialists, clinicians and leaders within the box of nursing perform, examine and education
- The first textual content to discover stroke administration from united kingdom and foreign views, and with a nursing focus
Read Online or Download Acute Stroke Nursing PDF
Similar nursing books
Gesundheitseinrichtungen wollen die besten Mitarbeiter für sich gewinnen. Diese sollten nicht nur fachlich qualifiziert, sondern auch sozial kompetent sein und zum workforce passen. In dem Praxishandbuch erfahren Personalverantwortliche und Einrichtungsleiter in Pflegeeinrichtungen, wie sie die Personalauswahl professionalisieren.
Just like the unique Ward-based severe Care, this moment variation goals to lead practitioners within the preliminary administration of seriously unwell grownup sufferers in the ward environment. it may be of worth to quite a lot of healthcare pros, together with junior medical professionals, nurses, physiotherapists and scholars.
This attractive booklet is written for perform lecturers who have to teach and examine scholars at complicated point within the perform surroundings. together with contributions from more than a few healthcare employees it provides:■ counsel on easy methods to create a dynamic and potent adventure for the learner■ help for the instructor, together with the best way to care for failure and deal with demanding scholars■ suggestion to aid readers construct their self-awareness and give some thought to their function.
Compliment for the 1st Edition:"This is a concise, but complete publication. i'd suggest that any complex perform nurse operating in obstetrics have it at the bookshelf. it could possibly even be used as a protocol guide for small practices. " rating: a hundred, five Stars --Doody's clinical ReviewsThe merely entire resource of present, evidence-based instructions for nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives, medical nurse experts, and different healthiness execs who supply prenatal and postpartum care in outpatient settings, this medical reference covers the newest well-being care directions in an easy-to-read, define layout.
- Pediatric Development and Neonatology: A Practically Painless Review
- Supportive Care in Cancer Therapy (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
- Midwifery Essentials: Postnatal E-Book: Volume 4
- Leadership in Health and Social Care: An Introduction for Emerging Leaders
- Nurse's Law: Questions & Answers for the Practicing Nurse
- Die schlanke Pflegedokumentation: sicher und entbürokratisiert dokumentieren nach dem Strukturmodell (German Edition)
Additional info for Acute Stroke Nursing
Acute Stroke Nursing by Jane Williams,Lin Perry,Caroline Watkins