Instructors and scholars can now entry their direction content material in the course of the attach electronic studying platform by means of deciding to buy both standalone attach entry or a package of print and attach entry. McGraw-Hill attach® is a subscription-based studying carrier available on-line via your own laptop or pill. select this selection in the event that your teacher would require hook up with be utilized in the path. Your subscription to attach comprises the following:
• SmartBook® - an adaptive electronic model of the path textbook that personalizes your interpreting adventure in accordance with how good you're studying the content.
• entry for your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and different vital documents for the course.
• growth dashboards that quick convey the way you are acting on your assignments and suggestions for improvement.
• the choice to buy (for a small price) a print model of the booklet. This binder-ready, loose-leaf model contains loose shipping.
Complete method standards to take advantage of attach are available right here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
Read or Download A History of the Modern World PDF
Best european history books
Because the new name displays, Palmer’s A heritage of Europe within the sleek global keeps its well-established historic authority, whereas focusing extra particularly on Europe’s in demand position in sleek worldwide exchanges, state development, transnational advertisement platforms, colonial empires, and cultural transitions.
This uniquely bold heritage deals an account of all points of cultural task and creation through the global of Latin Christendom 1200-1450. starting with a close description of the political and financial situations that allowed the 'Gothic second' to flourish, the physique of the ebook is either a party of the Gothic cultural fulfillment - in cathedral-building, in manuscript illumination, in chivalric love-romance, in stained glass and in lots of different arts - and an research of its social origins and structures of construction.
The tale of England’s medieval queens is bright and stirring, jam-packed with tragedy, excessive drama or even comedy. it's a chronicle of affection, homicide, battle and betrayal, full of ardour, intrigue and sorrow, peopled via a solid of heroines, villains, stateswomen and enthusiasts. within the first quantity of this epic new sequence, Alison Weir strips away centuries of romantic mythology and prejudice to bare the lives of England’s queens within the century after the Norman Conquest.
The 1st neighborhood historical past of Napoleonic France to seem within the English language, inside of Napoleonic France: country and Society in Rouen, 1800-1815 redresses the normal forget of nearby background in this interval. hoping on vast French archival resources, Gavin Daly units out to enquire the character of the Napoleonic nation and its brief and longer-term impression upon neighborhood society.
- Money and Security: Troops, Monetary Policy, and West Germany's Relations with the United States and Britain, 1950–1971 (Publications of the German Historical Institute)
- Women in Medieval Society (The Middle Ages Series)
- Velvet Totalitarianism: Post-Stalinist Romania
- We Were the People: Voices from East Germany’s Revolutionary Autumn of 1989
Additional resources for A History of the Modern World
A History of the Modern World by Palmer